- 15 years and above experience in evaluating, planning & implementation of different transportation medium such as highways, roads in consultancy organizations.
- Experience in Highway projects, Urban planning projects and interpreting transport and travel surveys.
- Development and checking of models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales.
- As part of a team, you will also be responsible for reporting progress and output quality, as well as developing business improvement initiatives with your line manager.
- The candidate should have adequate knowledge of preparation of plans, documents, feasibility reports and DPRs on various aspects of transport planning such as public transport planning including Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) and City Bus Services (CBS), Rail based Transit System, Non-motorized transport, Comprehensive Mobility Plan (CMP) / Comprehensive Traffic and Transport studies, Traffic Engineering and Transit Oriented Development.
- The candidate should be able to write reports, preparation of proposals, presentations and other relevant documents etc. The candidate should be able to work across domains and deliver the projects to satisfaction of the client.
- Knowledge of Transport Demand Modelling (Transport related software i.e. VISSIM, VISUM, Cube) would be an added qualification.
- Shall be responsible for overall transport planning, coordination and control in TRB Strategic Business Unit.
- Shall be responsible for formulation and implementation of transport planning for TRB SBU with a focus on
- Keep the Head- TRB informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities, and recommended actions.
- Continuously review existing business strategies and targets for better alignment with business goals.
- Ensure practice of road safety measures in design, construction, operation and maintenance of highway projects to minimize accidents.
- Conduct road safety audits, identify back spot and recommend appropriate solutions for reducing accidents.
- Preparation of traffic and safety management plans.