Smart and Sustainable City embraces a wide spectrum of urban components that supports liveability of its citizen. Depending upon the level of city development, its inherent contexts, willingness to change and reform, resources and aspirations of the city residents, a Smart and Sustainable City can have a combination of the following:
- Relies on City wide and Area based development – retrofit, infill, redevelopment and greenfield.
- Smart and sustainable public realm; physical safety and security (CPTED)
- Integrated and Smart infrastructure with user interfaced ‘smart’ solutions to make infrastructure services better including digital transactions, user monitored energy and water consumption.
- Smart, sustainable and inclusive mobility.
- Smart health-care, education, knowledge shares and awareness.
- Sustainable buildings with smart gadgets and appliances.
- Renewable energy, Green Economics, Sustainable clean and green environment – with monitored Air Quality, Smart solid and liquid waste management.
- App based support for city services such as tourism, facility locators, help desk and so on.